elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.08, 08:32

Mint régóta sejtettük, a Grimoire megjelenése nem csak jobbá tette a világot, hanem a társművészetek újbóli virágzásához is hozzájárul.

Költészet:

I am working on it now. I think this is good because I am making the loader smarter and to look at possible discrepancies and not assume the savegame is the voice of authority if it doesn't match the current data in the map. This will protect in the future if there is ever a similar map edit that changes pointer structure. The side effect of this could be for some of you is that Sanctuary will vanish into the Twilight Zone as though it never existed. If your savegame was from inside Sanctuary you may find your party locked inside it for all eternity like the seventh circle of Hell, doomed to ride the non-functioning metabolic enhancer for all time and fire the Star Gauntlet at the walls until you go hopelessly mad. There will be no effect on new games but the ladder will disappear back to it and there will be no way out for those who were inside when they saved. I pity those of you left trapped inside but I have to worry about the living who made it to safety from the permanently sealed death chamber of Sanctuary.

...és filozófia (eddigi kedvenc Steames kritikám):

The proverbial "Incline" is not only a buzzword employed at the RPG Codex: the inclining slope of a mountainside is a metaphor used in philosophy since times immemorial.

“In a sense everything that is exists to climb. All evolution is a climbing towards a higher form. Climbing for life as it reaches towards the consciousness, towards the spirit. We have always honored the high places because we sense them to be the homes of gods. In the mountains there is the promise of… something unexplainable. A higher place of awareness, a spirit that soars. So we climb… and in climbing there is more than a metaphor; there is a means of discovery.”[upload.wikimedia.org]

Escalating the incline is the archetypal example of struggle, and struggle is at the core of life itself moreso than anything else. An "Inclined" game like Age of Decadence or Grimoire offers resistance to the player, while rewarding those who overcome the resistance with the joys of exploration and the true feeling of achievement. Learning to appreciate true struggle is the sociological goal of a game, just like emotional catharsis is the goal of a narrative in drama.

Both games and drama have been largely hijacked by exploitative interests peddling self-destructive thoughts, and now mostly replace the concepts of struggle and catharsis for cheap power fantasies (simulating the exertion of power without the requisite struggle) and emotional pandering (which gives feelings of reassurance to the morally corrupt instead of catharsis).

In resisting these trends, a game of "MASSIVE INCLINE" like Grimoire ultimately symbolizes resistance to the decline of modern Western society, which is even more accentuated by Grimoire graphically offering a retrospective window to the past era of the 90s. It's no coincidence that the postmodernists flock to the reviews and discussion forums like hyenas. They feel that Grimoire is antithetical to their worldview, and they recoil from it like a vampire facing sunlight. Their ultimate goal can be interpolated to be the annihilation of all constructive, struggling forces, all duty and all responsibility, replacing this with their hedonist pink fluffy wishful thinking which ultimately is only a disguise for death itself, which is what life is when you remove the struggle.

Accordingly, choosing the incline is not only a 36,99€ payment to Cleveland Mark Blakemore, it is in fact to choose life over death. Cultivating an indomitable will to ascend the Incline to the heavens is ultimately the best investment you can make, even though the screeching, indulgent crowd who follow the path of least resistance descending the Decline into that other place will try to drag you down and tell you otherwise.

wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.04, 19:51

Grimoire Bug Reports Assimilated And Patched Within 120 Minutes of Release

4 AUGUST - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
Sapiens thinks if you have a clinically tested IQ of 183 it means you're better at solving the jumble in the newspaper. This is what Sapiens actually believes.

There are other things you can do with a super powered atomic brain nearly 6 full derivatives greater than the intellectual distance between the ordinary man and Koko the Sign Language Gorilla.

An ordinary man might be delirious and babbling after 72 hours without sleep, these bug reports forced me to bring on another 0.002% of my brain capacity to solve them with a few keystrokes and upload a new binary to Steam.
  1. Bug encountered clicking GPC portraits on some machines
  2. Bug encountered when modifying "SCALE" setting 
  3. Bug encountered with music volumes (this may or may not be fixed)
If you have a savegame going and you don't want to uninstall your current game, you can just delete your "game.cfg" file in your Steam common folder if you can find it.

I want you to know if my back is ever in the corner again I am more than willing to bring on as much as 0.005% of my brain power online to fix the game and keep the troops fighting. Any time not spent playing Grimoire is wasted playing life, which will never give you any Perk Keys like Grimoire does. Remember that.p

Nem semmi. :)

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.04, 12:11

Ready?

Cleve már megint trollk...

tumblr_ou5qr7UUDD1rxmn3vo1_1280.png

:wow:

tumblr_ou5qzjwG3C1rxmn3vo1_400.png

Nem találok szavakat. Egy mémmel szegényebbek lettünk, de -- 

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.04, 05:20

The game is not being shut down by Valve. It's mass hysteria. Try to get a grip. The game was late again due to unforeseen issues rearing their head in testing.

Grimoire is coming out today. You can count on it.

* * * DAY OF THE CRACKERJACK * * *

ALWAYS BET ON NEANDERTHAL

:nos:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.02, 11:22

A superdemo játszható teljesen, kisebb játékként, aminek van füle és farka, vagy tényleg csak demó?

Játszható; nagyjából megfelel egy tartalmas CRPG-nek. Kisebb kihagyásokkal kb. egy hónap játék alatt nem értem a végére, de azt hiszem majdnem olyan közel állok hozzá, mint Cleve a játék megjelentetéséhez.

Spoiler

Win10-en állítólag vannak vele kompatibilitási problémák, ezekkel Win7-en nem találkoztam. Néhány feladvány nem teljesen felhasználóbarátan működik, egyet pedig el is lehet szúrni*. Ezektől a problémáktól, meg a késő kilencvenes éveket idéző UI-től eltekintve príma, és tényleg nehezen érthető, miért nem jött még ki.

Pár tipp, amit az RPGCodex-re írtam:

• roll your own characters, but leave two slots empty for NPCs
  • the two frontline characters will get over 90% of all hits, so make sure they can take it
  • your characters can hit with melee weapons from any row
  • bring a Sage to assay stuff and for the utility spells, and someone with Scout (I got a Ranger)
  • Little Rosy is an ungodly little murderer with high skills, a vast mana pool and extra-fast mana regeneration; recruit her ASAP
  • if you can't penetrate basic monsters, your party sucks
  • if you can't beat the robber gang after the basic dungeon and a little bit of Aquavia, your party sucks
  • sometimes it has to be used differently than you might expect (use icon --> click on item; click on item ---> use icon; click on item ---> click on NPC)
  • keep Detect Secret going when covering unknown territory

Spoiler

• WCB kedvelte ezt

WCB

WCB

Rendszeres fórumozó

• Fórumita
  • 429 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.02, 10:44

A superdemo játszható teljesen, kisebb játékként, aminek van füle és farka, vagy tényleg csak demó?

Birbin

Birbin

Régi fórumozó

• Fórumita
  • 1698 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.02, 07:48

Ez akkora bohózat, hogy szinte naponta ránézek a steam oldalára, pedig meg se fogom venni a játékot.

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.08.02, 05:23

Uploading FINAL release version to my depot right now. Going to see how quickly I can get approval from Steam for turnaround.

Within hours.

Already fixed it and several other issues emerging from live test on Windows 10. Might have set your typical games dev team back a couple weeks. Me, it was only minutes.

INSTANTLY when the release button appears active on my admin page!

• Orastes kedvelte ezt

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.31, 19:10

JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN!

QKF9TlR.png

JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN! JÖN!

:hedbeng2: 

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.29, 10:05

The game is fine. It's coming out on the first. If you don't line up now you will reach the front steam counter just as they are pulling the sign down ... "CLOSED DUE TO GRIMOIRE SHORTAGES."

cFbIxa7.png

:gerjedek:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.27, 07:40

Fontos!

ayA18Jh.png

:pipe:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.26, 05:15

BePe: Erre ígéretet teszek: ha megjelenik, akkor írok róla egy alapos ismertetőt. Mivel a szuperdemóban elég sokáig eljutottam, nagyjából van annyi élményanyagom, hogy lássam a különbséget közte és a végleges játék között.  :D

• BePe kedvelte ezt

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7322 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.25, 23:47

Már én is pedzegettem ezt neki, és azt mondta, hogy előbb végigjátszaná, amire a nyár talán elég lesz. A nyárnak lassan vége, de ez a remekmű még mindig nem jelent meg. :)

BePe

BePe

Admin

• Admin
  • 4538 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.25, 23:40

elGabor: kerhetunk toled esetleg egy vegigjatszasos leirast/ismertetot a jatekrol? ;) veszek a szerverbe nagyobb vinyot, ha kell. 

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.25, 07:26

Egy orosz játékmagazin előzetese a Grimoire-ról!

c9115f96c8cb3f688d7f5dd76973d5bf.jpg

(Az Úr kétezredik évéből  :freud: )

• BePe kedvelte ezt

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7322 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.22, 18:22

Hiszi a piszi. :P

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.22, 17:21

Yes, I had a moment two nights ago when it suddenly leaped out at me and after 20 years of losing perspective on it I saw the game in all it's glorious color and fantastic madness. It was like for a few seconds the first time I had really seen it in 20 years without the exhaustion of familiarity. It blew off the monitor and was revealed in it's true form - a raging wild madness of perfection and awesome beauty that represents my lost sanity infused into the game while I worked on it. Truly a game up there with the greats now. It crossed the Rubicon of win.

The Rubicon of win!  :kinyilatkoztat:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.21, 10:14

tumblr_otfo91rkIR1rxmn3vo1_r1_1280.png

:ninja:

[szerk] SŐŐŐŐT!

itzcoming.png?t=1500629168

Grimoire Reset, New Launch Date 1-8-2017
21 JULY - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

I apologize for the game being late but it's ready now. Three more weeks of work was exactly what was needed. The game is in fine shape now to release and has never looked better. 

I was able to fix each and every single bug identified in the month prior to the original launch date and the game is smooth as butter now.

Twenty years is a long time to work on a single game, three weeks late is not much of a price to pay for it to be perfect or nearly so when it is released.

Thanks to all the real Grimoire fans for your patience. I appreciate that people are willing to wait for true greatness.

Módosította elGabor: 2017.07.21, 10:54

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.15, 15:39

The decline is trying to fight back with it's army of dismal bug-eyed butthurt reddit users but nothing can stop Grimoire now.
rating_salute.gif

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4015 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.13, 12:13

valamint...

Funny that, because over 80 years of research on multiple continents associates competency in technical professions with messy surroundings, hoarding habits and unkempt desks and offices. I am sure you already knew that because you seem to give the impression you know everything. This was mentioned by Fred Brooks in the 1950's and has been proven correct again and again including checking for many other factors involved.

So if you are hiring people who are neat and tidy, I don't need to see your company to know you are surrounding yourself with incompetent people. Unlike you, I care enough about what I do for a living to study the research. That's a good imitation you are doing right now but unfortunately the real thing isn't fooled by imitation. There's no point in arguing with me on this subject because while you spent the last twenty years masturbating to hentai I spent that same time reading about office psychology and getting it from the source. You aren't even close buddy. Everything about you just reeks of failure. I can imagine what acres of desk mushrooms we are talking about in companies like yours. Hundreds upon hundreds of people pretending to do stuff and never actually doing anything at all.

My powers of observation and perception are a thousand times that of a pale, washed out metrosexual performance artist like yourself.

Every time I have passed through a corporate environment I can just scan the desks and general environment from one cubicle to the next and instantly recognise the real thing. You're sleepwalking. You're the imitation of life. You are theatrical. All frauds think neat surroundings mean higher productivity. It is what rushes in to fill an intellectual vacuum. You're flatlining mentally. You are a gravitational well of failure and everybody in your orbit sucks even worse than you do.

Since all the genes for intelligence originate with Neanderthals and since Neanderthal caves were a 100% train wreck nearly 100,000 years later it is safe to say we can easily identify why intelligence and haphazard surroundings go together.

You can stop reading here because your IQ is not sufficiently high to understand the rest of this.

It's a sign of efficiency. Actually ignoring things like whether or not your inbox has all the current incoming letters stacked neatly in it and instead concentrating on stuff that counts for a score.

Australians think very similar to you. In 2012 they came in second last behind Botswana in productivity according to a very objective international study that applied the same metrics to all nations.

I actually read back in the 70's that you can plot IQ by the neatness of a workspace. As IQ goes up the workspace gets increasingly chaotic and piled high with junk. Exactly like a Neanderthal cave.

[Fantasy háttér] [Sötét háttér]