elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.13, 12:08

Quick Update On Finalization of Regions Prior To V1 Release

I thought I'd just do a quick cut and paste from my issues folder to show what has been validated as ready for release in the past 7 days since I missed the deadline. All the areas with (V1 DONE) beside them means those regions have been thoroughly tested, tweaked and verified as ready for version one of Grimoire. Some of them will get substantial improvements in future patches but everything is there needed to play and win the game.

The ones remaining are being tested and validated right now. In most cases it involves a few minutes of glancing through the editor suite for that region and making certain everything is good.

These regions have been listed previously on the internet many times so no real spoilers here.

I have already done some more work on Moravia (an easter egg dungeon) and Bahomet Megalith levels but I have some notes of things I intend to implement there today, nothing major. The existing logic for these areas has already been verified several times.

Many of the unmarked areas are actually done but I have to just look them over for a few seconds before approving them. In particular global flags for shared logic amongst areas I just have to make certain the right index and subject is being altered.
Spoiler

Holnap Jövő Pénteken Nemsokára:ok:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.06, 17:55

It's so dense it is like those 12000 page novels written out in longhand on legal paper they find in the apartments of adult retards when they die.

It's so dense it is as thick as jungle foliage that you need two machetes to clear a trail through.

There are wheels within wheels in Grimoire and wheels inside of those wheels. Those wheels have little wheels inside them running wheels. Grimoire is a fractal it is so dense.

Sorry, but after two months of playing my own game I have to say that Crusaders Wizardry 7 is just a pale shadow of this win and excellence. I started as an imitator but I am finishing as something else.

Holnap! :ugri: (Európában holnap...után )  :mufurc:

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7323 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.04, 07:37

Hát, ez gyönyorű volt! :)

giphy.gif

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.04, 07:17

There's no market in pandering to morons. I wouldn't want to make that kind of money.

Grimoire is an elite game that is unlike anything else up on the Steam store. I defy you to find anything like it in the thousands of games listed. I defy you to find a game like it on the planet. It's not even a Wizardry clone really - it's everything Wizardry should have been but never was.

I'm not competing with Sir-Tech any more. Amongst other reasons, they went bankrupt 17 years ago.

I'm not competing with anybody. Grimoire is the pinnacle of the peak of the summit of the incline. I could probably get 99.95 from a lot of people but I don't want to limit it just to the very elect of RPG players. I made a compromise and and priced it somewhere just under current AAA titles. The truth is there is not an AAA title you could buy nowadays that deserves to crawl up on a high chair and plant a kiss in the crack of Grimoire's ass when it comes to enjoyment, immersion and wonderful escape.

I say all this with confidence because I have been playing my game 12 hours a day for two months and I can assure you there has never been anything like it in all of recorded human history. It's the greatest thing ever to emerge from that genre. The fact is, people who enjoy that genre are considering it cheap at that price. If you are not a connoisseur of the genre then why would I amend anything in it to appeal to you? It's like saying Mozart needed more cowbell.

Trust what I am saying. Those of you who played the demo and got the scent of greatness will know the full game has achieved it. For whatever it lacks it has much more in abundance.

I was just playing Kublai Cathedral to check all the logic and was almost weeping tears of joy at how wonderfully told the story of everything is in the game. I had forgotten a lot of it and it was like reading the work of someone else.

The game will suck you mentally into another dimension of win and excellence, no kidding. I warn unstable people against playing it at all. If it becomes that kind of obsession with the author - who should be long tired of it by now - you can imagine what elite fans RPGs will feel.

The game is special. I have supercharged it with awesomeness right down to the atomic level of every bit in the digital binary. $39.95 is very cheap once you have played the game for a short while.

It is too complete to put up as Early Access but I have extensive plans after it is released to issue at least one major patch a month that will ramp up the greatness to astronomical levels. I have used it as an example before, but a really intelligent autoheal that not only heals wounded but casts flesh-to-stone on petrified players is a must. I have notes for a couple dozen things like this that will assure the game in it's final patch will be so awe-inspiring that popamole player's heads will spontaneously explode from the greatness in the first ten seconds of playing it, splattering the walls of their room with gore. This will result in hundreds of lawsuits brought against me for causing death through reckless excellence.

I am in fear of causing seriously aberrant behaviour, people quitting their jobs and just boarding up their houses from the inside, playing Grimoire until they waste away and die from dehydration or bladder explosions. Thousands of people worldwide vanishing from society and retreating to dank shadowy crackhouses where the only thing they spend money on is electricity and instant noodles. Rows of skeletal people crammed together in front of terminals with gaunt haunted faces playing until blood gushes from their eyes and nostrils and still playing on. Realising that all they were searching for in this life was Grimoire. I fear for this generation when the game comes out. I will have to live with the consequences.

wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.03, 17:17

Én nagyjából 1998 óta várok a Grimoire-ra (ez volt az egyik első dolog, amire ráakadtam a neten a ZX-Spectrum emulátor után). Azt hiszem, most már van türelmem kivárni a végét. :pipe:

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7323 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.03, 16:54

Csak az a kérdés, hogy melyik nyáron, ha egyáltalán. :)

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.03, 16:43

Nem egyszerű, mert hatszáz órás játékidőről szól a fáma (fáma = az őrült neander-völgyi). De ha megjelenik, akkor biztosan megvan, mit fogok csinálni nyáron. :D

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7323 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.03, 16:36

Egy review-t remélem írsz majd róla nekünk. :D

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.07.03, 12:28

http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1342486185505897588

Grimoire Will Debut Shortly, Proposed Price $39.95

Been working around the clock here to finish up every possible detail before Friday. The game is looking really good. It has been very enjoyable to review areas I have not looked at in a long time and discover they are even more fun than I remember. 

There are still going to be parts of the game that are not quite polished but the game as it currently stands is truly a one-of-a-kind classic. I have successfully played through all four endings of the game using save points and cheat codes and I found my own product to be more satisfying than any of the Wizardry games and even better than the original Eye of the Beholder series. I can only hope others agree this time next week.

This week I have been scrambling to make sure that all spells have some sort of visual effect, these are complete now but it is likely new visuals will be added in the future for various displays and magic effects. I added one last new monster animation I have had shelved for a while and added boss encounters to several areas I had skipped in the past.

Ellsworth Hall is working on a full orchestral soundtrack of all the themes currently scored in MIDI in Grimoire. It is likely that will be offered on the store page as a standalone purchase after it goes live.

:rambo:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.06.15, 13:15

tumblr_orl8nk74QM1rxmn3vo1_1280.png

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.06.13, 13:15

THE FINAL DAYS OF THE GRIMOIRE SAGA ARE AT HAND.

7-7-2017 
GRIMOIRE STEAM STORE
IT WILL BE A DAY LIKE NO OTHER
IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.

THE END OF THE CLEVE-YUGA APPROACHES
ALSO THE DAWN OF A NEW AGE

:machoman:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.05.27, 13:31

* A DELAY IS ALL THAT IT IS *

A MERE DELAY
THE FORCES OF DECLINE HAVE CONSPIRED TO DELAY

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.05.25, 21:39

Melee.png

I remember this game. I wrote it ten thousand years ago. Around the time I started work on Grimoire. It seems like I watched Atlantis rise and fall while working on Grimoire, saw the procession of all the Demon-Kings of Sumeria, wandered the empty desert where once the Cedar forest stood, always dragging my 386 and bundle of floppy backups with me. Eating dry reeds boiled with salt while I sought a new civilisation to rest in while I continued work on Grimoire. The empires of the earth came and went and the floppies gave way to CDs and the CDs gave way to USBs. I spoke many languages in the many lands I journeyed to while I worked on Grimoire. Until the day came it was complete and I got Greenlighted. Thwarted after millennia by confusion over tax identities in ex-patriates with dual citizenship. Still the moon flashed by each night in all it's phases and I waited patiently, knowing someday I would be advanced to the next stage by Valve. Then my voyage across ten millennia of time would come to an end when I uploaded the game. Popamolers would complain about the poor bloom and lack of respawn points. The old men of the world would chuckle as I tasted the dust of innui from the butthurt zombies who now populated the earth. I had finally finished my game, alright. Except now there were no men left with souls to appreciate it. Oh, teh irony.

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.04.17, 09:09

2r77ujr.png

IT BEGINS ... 16 APRIL 2017

What kind of question is that? are you aware we're watching HISTORY unfold in front of our very eyes? Did the legionnaires ask Scipio how many years it would take to defeat Carthage in the 2nd Punic War? Did anyone ask the Founding Fathers how many more pages they'd need for the Constitution? 

We're witnessing such a turning point now, as we hadn't experienced in 38 years. It's not the time to grow impatient.

ca31dcd353.png

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [author] 23 hours ago
Within the next 24 hours there will be a release date up on this site.

Iit's 24 hours now. Cleveland Mark Blakemore where is release date?

Stb.  :hedbeng2:

Majd kicsit később:

* PREPARE YOURSELVES *

MAY 29th, 2017 MEMORIAL DAY
... A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY ...
THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN !!
(SHOULD BE READ IN ZSASZ'S VOICE FROM ARKHAM CITY)

Out of curiosity, why May 29th?

Memorial Day, to honor all those who have died waiting for Grimoire to be released.

Módosította elGabor: 2017.04.17, 09:45

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.03.30, 07:57

Image1.jpg

rating_prestigious.png

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.03.29, 16:42

A Grimoire felkerült a Steam Greenlightra. Megdöbbentő fordulat! Lehet, hogy egy több mint húsz éves történet a végkifejletéhez közeledik...??? 

:sherlock:

Spoiler

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.03.28, 17:33

Hoppá hoppá hoppá! Videó!

• Garaboncias kedvelte ezt

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.03.25, 20:40

Míg Cleve a demó videójával küzd, méris elnyerte a tekintélyes Golden Duck-díjat. Hurrá! wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif

tumblr_ondyfkPNid1rxmn3vo1_1280.png

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2017.02.25, 12:50

You can feel the love coming out of this thread everywhere.

Seriously.

Seriously.

Seriously.

Next Friday the demo will be out. It will be out. Then the true madness will begin.

The golden baby has been having a grand time narrating the finished product. Best play through EVAH. 10/10 5 Stars Homey straight up.

NEXT FRIDAY THE FINAL GRIMOIRE DEMO VIDEO WILL BE RELEASED.

:ora:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4017 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.10.09, 07:12

Even now the finalisation thunders towards completion like an out-of-control locomotive. Many miles ahead on the tracks a clutch of Codexian naysayers had gathered for a tea party, electing to place their table and cups with ornate doilies directly across the rusting rails.

One of them paused in the midst of a sip from his Orange Pekoe as a subtle, almost imperceptible vibration caused small ripples in the cup before his eyes. The colossus juggernaut roared forward as they sat and sneered oblivious to their horrible fate approaching at breakneck speed.
giphy.gif

:virag:

[Fantasy háttér] [Sötét háttér]