elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.23, 13:29

Items done. At long last. That dreamless slumber of horror has ended.

Doubtless there may be some tweaking after release and before box copy is sent out after launch. I am going to leave them like that and now proceed to the final finalisations of finalizement.

Codex Troll is now present, doing some of his basic dialogue tonight. He is resurrected from very special bones we find. I will add a screenshot showing him as a party member when he is done.

Castle Moravia map being tweaked next as extra-special easter egg area. Tried all four multiple endings just now as a safety check after changing a little logic in the final maps, all of them worked.

Hmmmm.

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.20, 09:55

Jövő pénteken fog megjelenni.

Premier

Premier

Törzs-fórumozó

• Fórumita
  • 546 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.20, 01:27

Most akkor ez megjelent már vagy nem? :gyagya:

Soha nem fog megjelenni.

strato

strato

Lézengő ritter

• Szerkesztő
  • 7368 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.19, 23:06

Most akkor ez megjelent már vagy nem? :gyagya:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.19, 19:29

Almost complete with the items. Too tired tonight, I think there are 944 completed items with maybe 8-12 left to double-check for veracity and balance.

Twenty years editing these stupid items. The mind boggles. So many details to be play tested, retested and completed.

Completed forever shortly and closed off for good.

TRULY THE FINAL DAYS OF FINALISATION ARE UPON US ALL

powerogskull.gif
(Actual selfie taken in my study at this moment)

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.08.01, 08:22

* GRIMOIRE RELEASE IN PROGRESS NOW !!! *

=====================================
 BE AFRAID ROBERT ... BE VERY AFRAID ...
THE CRACKERJACK IS COMING FOR YOU

bird.gif

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.04.12, 12:42

Care to give us an update on the Thaumaturge item merging and the mini quest progress?

A job for lantern jawed men with sinews of iron, a gruelling ordeal that demands monk like discipline and concentration.

Carefully editing these groups each morning on the train with the item editor, determined to finish them one item at a time. Pretty good tree emerging of stuff both classes can make.

It's a tough job. Only one man can do it. I am that man. Under normal conditions any ordinary mortal would have gone stark raving insane from these details 20 years out. I continue to steadfastly edit these items as the morning commute proceeds, beads of cold sweat forming on my brow from the raw mental anguish it costs to complete this stupid game. The growing win is palpable in the air along with other smells. Melonhead agents poorly disguised in black trench coats study me from behind newspapers nervously, knowing that they should always bet on Neanderthal.

:medital:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.03.05, 09:50

As I promised Rodney Lucas, when I knew the game was ready for release I would start issuing refunds. Rodney got his refund today, which will seal him in world history as one of the most unfortunate RPG gamers ever recorded.

Today I have issued four refunds to various people and will issue more to those who want them. I am fulfilling my word exactly as I promised. I said I would refund people who asked for it right before the game was released and I meant it.

I will be doing a two minute victory lap and immediately beginning work on my next game.

IndieGoGo has not contacted me in two years. I paid them because the game is being prepared for release. I was not the least bit worried if they did contact me, I could have kept these people's piddling pledges and there is not a damn thing they could have done about it. Just wanted to make certain I would not be legally obligated to give them a damn thing when Grimoire was released. I did it purely out of spite.

:elajul:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2016.02.17, 12:45

Placing the very last of the unique items today and finalising perk placements. I have not heard from anybody so I assume that's it, I've got them all now. That's about it. Everything is nearly finished. I am working for next two weeks going over every single detail marked as "LEAVE UNTIL VERY END."

Rodney Lucas could have started his refund group last year or the year before that. I would have been screwed, I still had so many things to fix which are now fixed.

Rodney decides to alienate me forever by waiting until I send out the final perk call when I am about to begin the last two weeks of the 20 year development cycle. The guy has impeccable timing. He managed to shoot himself in both feet at the same time.

1. I decide there will never be a third campaign because of all this butthurt.

2. I decide Rodney will get his refund with 2 other people the night before the game is released, meaning he has forfeited the rarest artefacts in the history of the computer game industry. The guy cornholed himself so badly it makes me wince when I walk.

He literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Meanwhile the faithful are getting ready to cash in their longshot million-to-one bets. Even at the final hour the Blakemore irony effect demolished the unbelievers. These popamolers will never pass through the gates of paradise. Their faith was tested in the RPG development desert and they failed. Now the long lonely hours playing bizarre badly translated Japanese games for the remainder of their lives beckons ... as they wonder what might have been ...

ibelieveincleve.png

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2015.11.05, 14:29

* 3.5 "M I C R O - I S S U E S" R E M A I N !!! *
=====================================
TREMBLE NOW, ROBERT SIROTEK, AS THAT WHICH WAS THOUGHT TO BE EXTINCT LIVES AGAIN! THE DAY OF GLORY APPROACHES WHEN THE HEAVENS WILL PART WITH THE SOUND OF TRUMPETS AND THE GOLDEN BABY WILL DESCEND ON A CHARIOT BEARING THE FRUITS OF MASSIVE INCLINE!

:nos: Örülök, hogy Cleve ismét felfedezte a tizedeseket.

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2015.06.12, 09:23

If the game were released with even a single bug, the widespread legend of my mythical prowess and infallibility would be shattered. It would be like waiting to meet Superman and only Jimmy Olsen showed up and apologised that Superman couldn't make it.

I do not ask if it is good. Rather I ask … is it super-good? So far beyond the ability levels of ordinary mortals that they realize irrevocably I do not even fit on the same scale of values they hold as a standard?

You have to admit, if I release a Wizardry clone with 600 hours of play even half as good as promised and with no major bugs in it, it will be obvious that the myth will only grow bigger and larger, swelling and throbbing until it towers like a colossus over the tiny forms of Saps, who will no longer even dream of comparing themselves with such an entity. It will be outside the bounds of their comprehension.

Somewhere a retired taxi driver from New York city will smile knowingly and lean forward in his rocking chair and say, "I told you so. That guy totalled my cab and was left unmarked. I knew someday that guy would release the ultimate old skool RPG to the world largely bug-free. I knew looking at the smoking concave wreck of my back bumper I was either in a sequeway to Superman 5 or else this guy was some kind of ultimate individual. I realize now … both. I go now into my twilight years knowing my place in this great legend is secure, like the guy who sewed Paul Bunyan's underwear together for him from a circus tent."

8 "M I C R O - I S S U E S" R E M A I N !!!
ROBERT SIROTEK, AND AN ICY CHILL OF CREEPING HORROR DRIFTS THROUGH YOUR PSYCHE AS IT GRAPPLES WITH A MINDSHATTERING VISION OF A WORLD WHERE GRIMOIRE IS RELEASED!! THE OVERLORDS OF DECLINE FEAR A PLANET RULED BY RODEO CLOWNS WHERE GRIMOIRE IS COMPLETED!!!

:hedbeng2:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.12.02, 13:48

*** THREE *** ISSUES REMAINING
! ---- !
ROBERT SIROTEK, AND THE INCLINE SANTA WILL BE BRINGING DECLINE CHILDREN A SACK OF COAL THIS YEAR!!!! CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? ALL PREVIOUS SIR-TECH ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

grimoire_bug_counter.gif

Módosította elGabor: 2014.12.02, 13:50

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.11.10, 16:04

… after a long day at the coalface ...
… there were six issues remaining …

!!! SIX ISSUES REMAINING !!!

NOW IT IS THE FLAMING SWORD OF JUSTICE INCLINE
AGAINST THE COLD STEEL OF DECLINE AND NECKBEARDS

KNvmynl.gif
*** SIX *** ISSUES REMAINING
! ----------------------------------------- !
ROBERT SIROTEK, AND NO GLORYHOLE STALL CAN CONCEAL YOU FROM THE INCLINE THAT COMETH. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

:hc:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.10.14, 20:08

1. Some remaining NPC conversations to test and gaps to fix in their dialogue and their inventory buy-sell logic.
  2. Some dungeons need some spicing up with cut-n-paste features to fill out empty areas with some events plus a few of them have slightly aberrant logic.
  3. A handful of errors in combat text, experience points awarded and monster sound effects plus a little more testing of projectiles of all varieties including burning oil
  4. A few remaining special events with text and cutscenes need to be added
  5. Finish replacing icons with ready-to-drop-in artwork and finish off reformatting of new main menu
  6. Climbing graphics need replacement and climbing symbols in-game should be color cycle animated as well as a few other new in-game objects
  7. Lockpicking and door forcing needs new graphic to replace old and some reformatting of display
  8. Unique and ultra-exclusive items need to be placed in right positions in game
  9. All endgame sequences need thorough testing and perhaps some changes to text and conclusions
*** NINE *** ISSUES REMAINING
! ----------------------------------------- !
ROBERT SIROTEK, AND THE INCLINE ENERGY IS APPROACHING CRITICAL MASS. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

:titok: Elvileg ennyi a buglista a végleges tesztverzió ("ultrademo") előtt.

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.10.01, 16:49

*10* ISSUES REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE R-TYPED HORDES OF FAIL AND MISFIRE FALL BACK AGAINST THE BRILLIANT GLOW OF THE INCLINE. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

Most trailerrel!

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.09.02, 12:23

*18* BUGS REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE INCLINE GROWS STRONG WITH THIS ONE. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

:ugri:

Módosította elGabor: 2014.09.02, 12:23

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.08.25, 12:24

*24* BUGS REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE GOLDEN BABY MACY's DAY PARADE FLOAT IS SLOWLY ENTERING THE AIRSPACE ABOVE YOUR HOME AT THE EDGE OF THE GOLF COURSE. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

:ora:

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2014.08.12, 12:42

*29* BUGS REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE FORCES OF DECLINE ARE TREMBLING AT THE PROSPECT OF A WORLD WHERE GRIMOIRE IS RELEASED. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

!

elGabor

elGabor

Régi fórumozó

• Moderátor
  • 4071 Hozzászólás
Érdemrendek
Hírnevek

Kelt 2013.10.23, 11:38

Nem is állítottam, hogy az lennék!

Módosította elGabor: 2013.10.23, 11:38

gorak

gorak

Rendszeres fórumozó

• Banned
  • 293 Hozzászólás
Hírnevek

Kelt 2013.10.21, 18:49

Aki ezt támogatja, az sem egészen százas...

[Fantasy háttér] [Sötét háttér]